Sunday, September 27, 2009

"This is not good"

Last Friday we went to Dallas to pick up some new suits I was having altered. We went to to the Church bookstore and picked up a few new books. We had a good lunch at Furr's and everything was going well. We had a good drive down and back to Paris. Then when we turned into the driveway I saw water running down the driveway and coming out of the garage. I told Virgie "This is not good", and wow was I right. When we opened the garage door a large rush of water came out like a dam had just broken. We got in the house and found water about ankle deep in the kitchen and flowing from room to room through the house. I located the leak under the sink in the kitchen and tried to turn off the valve and it did not shut off the water. I then had to go out to the meter box and dig out the valve and get the water turned off.

Well after all of that we got a plumber out and it only took him about 30 minutes to fix the problem. It was a gasket that had blown out of a fitting on the line to the faucet. Then the next contractor showed up and started pulling up carpet and placing fans all over the house to get things dried out before everything started to mold. On Saturday the contractor came back and started tearing out baseboards and cutting holes in the drywall.

Then with all the fans running you can't hear anything in the house and we have to watch out what we turn on or we will blow a breaker because of all the fans running. Virgie came to me this morning and said there was water on the floor in front of the freezer. I told her "That is not good", and what I found next was that the contractor had unplugged the freezer and did not plug it back in.

Well tomorrow I am flying to Florida to interview with Florida Power and Light and I know things are going to get better. We all have trials and we are graded on how we handle them and get through the test we have before us. Tomorrow is another day and "It will be good".

No comments:

Post a Comment