Friday, June 26, 2009

Job Search

If you would have said I was going to still be unemployed by the end of June, I would have said your crazy. Well it looks like that is what is going to happen and we still don't know where the end is. I was laid off the first of December 2008, and I thought this will be a little bump, and we will be back working within a couple of months. I really did not have a clue as to how this recession has impacted the work force. The Chemical Company I was working with in Houston made chemicals that would go into the plastics for new cars. Well we all know what happened to the car business. The Chemical Company is now in Chapter 11 and trying to reorganize. Part of their problem was they could not get banking to provide cash flow for the business. This all happened at the time banks were getting bailed out and getting Billions of dollars just to stay open. I am sure that I will never understand all of the things that had to happen to create this economic mess we are now in.

Even with this dismal news I am optimistic that I will find something soon, and be back in the ranks of the employed. I have been trying to find employment closer to home this time, and I know there is a reason for this. If I am able to find something close to home this will be much easier on me by not having to travel to Houston every week.

I have learned to enjoy the time we have here on earth, and look to the positive. During my time off I am thankful for the time that I have had to take care of a lot of STUFF. I will admit seven months is plenty of time to take care of most guys honey do list.

3 comments:

  1. I agree... hang in there! We are right beside you in this. BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. good things come to those who wait! right? :)
    i am diggin' the music selection on this blog. good stuff....

    p.s.- i am now in charge of getting the things you need from mark delivered to you. i fired him. so you wont have to wait much longer!

    ReplyDelete